A Servant Leader
Dr. Robert Lewis suggests 25 characteristics of a servant-leader.
- Includes his wife in envisioning the future.
- Accepts spiritual responsibility for his family.
- Is willing to say “I’m sorry” and “Forgive me” to his family.
- Discusses household responsibilities with his wife and makes sure they are fairly distributed.
- Seeks consultation with his wife on all major financial decisions.
- Follows through with commitments he has made to his wife.
- Anticipates the different stages his children will pass through.
- Anticipates the different stages his marriage will pass through.
- Frequently tells his wife what he likes about her.
- Provides financially for his family’s basic living expenses.
- Deals with distraction so he can talk with his wife and family.
- Prays with his wife on a regular basis.
- Initiates meaningful family traditions.
- Initiates fun family outings for the family on a regular basis.
- Takes the time to give his children practical instruction about life.
- Manages the schedule of the home and anticipates pressure points.
- Keeps his family financially sound and out of harmful debt.
- Makes sure he and his wife have drawn up a will.
- Lets his wife and children into the interior of his life.
- Honors his wife in public.
- Explains sex to each child in a way that gives them a wholesome perspective.
- Encourages his wife to grow as an individual.
- Takes the lead in establishing sound, biblical family values.
- Provides time for his wife to pursue her own personal interests.
- Is involved in a small group of men dedicated to spiritual growth.
If this is your first time listening to The Catholic Man Show, we do 3 things every episode:
1.) Open, review, and enjoy a man beverage – Minutes 1-12.
2.) Highlight a man gear – Minutes 12-24.
3.) Have a manly conversation – Minutes 24-48.
MAN DRINK: Dow Port
MAN GEAR: A Tire Iron
MAN TOPIC: A Servant Leader
Did you miss our episode with Brett McKay from The Art of Manliness?
If you haven’t listened to The Catholic Man Show before, check out our previous episodes here.
Want to help The Catholic Man Show?
Want to help get the word out? Please rate The Catholic Man Show on iTunes.
Want discounts to Catholic companies?
Hats, rosaries, candles, cigars, beef jerky, and Catholic Comic book. Great gifts for all Catholic families. Check it out here