Catholic Answers Live: Adam and David join Cy Kellett to talk about Friendship and Fatherhood
Join us on Patreon. There are a lot of great shows to support out there. Please know 100% of your support to TCMS goes directly back into the show. We would love to continue having guests in studio, but in order to do that, we need your support. Consider donating $10/mo and join other men striving to live the virtuous life.
Questions covered on Friendship:
- [22:43] – I am a recent empty nester and now I’m trying to reestablish a friendship with my beautiful wife. Any tips?
- [32:23] – Is there still hope for authentic friendship in the overly sexualized world today? How can I make new friends?
- [45:55] – What is Jesus’ role in friendship? Also, how can I maintain strong long-distance friendships?
- [51:08] – We just moved to this area and spent about 2 years trying to make friends. We did finally find a parish family, but it took some time!
Questions covered on Fatherhood:
- [14:32] – What is the best way to help our kids set goals? Do you agree with the approach “heaven, not Harvard?”
- [21:09] – I am a new father, for the last month. Right now, my wife is tired, so I have been doing most of the household chores. How can I talk to her about doing more around the house? I work all day and then come home and I’m basically still working.
- [32:25] – I think sacrificing in a sacramental marriage is love. There is biblical evidence for this kind of masculinity.
- [38:06] – I am a father of 9 and I have some suggestions for the young father on the line. I took over cooking for my wife and just found easy ways to make simple meals. Take time to listen to your wife every day, even if it’s the same conversation as the day before.
- [42:57] – What are your thoughts on a relationship with a Catholic and a Protestant, when the Protestant would be the father and spiritual leader of the family?
- [47:45] – My priest told me that my job was to help my wife and children become saints and that changed my whole outlook on being a father and a husband.
A special thank you to Cy Kellett, Nick Chamberlin, Darin Delozier, and the whole Catholic Answers team for their help in making this happen. We had a great time and really enjoyed it.
If you haven’t listened to The Catholic Man Show before, check out our previous episodes here.
Want to help The Catholic Man Show?
By giving us a rating on iTunes, it helps others find the show.
Want to say up with The Catholic Man Show? Sign up for our mailing list: Click Here
Looking for a prayer to pray with your wife? Check this blog out.
Are you getting our emails? Sign up for our (almost) monthly newsletter where we give you all bacon content – never spam.