Roles of Godparents
If you enjoyed this episode of The Catholic Man Show on the roles of Godparents and are looking to protect your family from the dangers of the internet, go to Covenant Eyes and use promo code “Catholicman” for a 30-day free trial of keeping your family safe.
We are looking for a few men who are taking their faith seriously.
If you enjoyed this episode with our wives then join us on Patreon: Extra content, great thank you gifts, exclusive access to Adam and David, private FB page, and much more.
Requirements of Godparents
As stated in Canon 874
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a baptized Catholic who has completed the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
- May not be the parent of the child being baptized.
- If married, must be married in the Catholic Church, regularly attending Holy Mass on Sunday, going to Confession, and living their faith (not living in sin). The two godparents do not have to be married to one another.
- A baptized non-Catholic may not be a godparent but may serve as a witness along with a Catholic godparent.
- Non-baptized persons may not sere as witnesses or godparents.
You can look at the precepts of the Church in CCC 2041-2043
Here’s a list of top 10 wood carriers of 2019.
About our drink: Dalmore Portwood Reserve
About the gear: Wood carriers
About our topic: Roles of Godparents
If this is your first time listening to The Catholic Man Show, we do 3 things almost every episode:
1.) Open, review, and enjoy a man beverage – Minutes 1-12.
2.) Highlight a man gear – Minutes 12-24.
3.) Have a manly conversation – Minutes 24-48.
If you haven’t listened to The Catholic Man Show before, check out our previous episodes here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch past episodes.
Want to help The Catholic Man Show?
By giving us a rating on iTunes, it helps others find the show.
Want to say up with The Catholic Man Show? Sign up for our mailing list: Click Here
Looking for a prayer to pray with your wife? Check this blog out.
Are you getting our emails? Sign up for our (almost) monthly newsletter where we give you all bacon content – never spam.